If you are thinking about going to a fashion school, then California is the place for you. There are many California fashion schools to pick from. Some may be good, some may be bad, but surely you will find the best one for you. How do you choose a California fashion school? Here are some tips and standards you can use to get you started:
1) Location – some people may not care where a fashion school is as long as it is inside California. However, you should realize that California fashion schools can often be judged through their locations. Find a California fashions school which is near fashion centers. This means you need to find a California fashion school which is located where all the action is. This will help you as a student since it will give you exposure to what’s out there in the real world.
Some students would prefer a California high school that’s located in a place which would inspire them. Some choose to attend California fashion schools which are located near the sea or close to nature. From the scenery, a student can gain inspiration enough to produce a new work of couture art.
2) Affiliated or Independent – should you go with a California fashion school which is a part of a prestigious university, or should you go to one which stands on its own? There are cases when a California fashion school within a university is better since the name on your resume will help you get great jobs easier. However, there is also something to be said for an independent school which can hold its own against the big names.
One thing you should consider is the fact that in a big school, you are mostly paying for the name of the school and not for the quality of education. You are paying additional cash to have the name of the university on your resume. This would help you get a job easier.
The fashion world, however, rarely cares for the name of a university if it does not perform well. If you have the name of a great independent school on your list, you might find it easier to get a job.
3) Cost – there is also the cost to think about. California fashion schools cost money. There is no denying that fact. The question that remains is: “how much money should it cost you?”
There are, of course, schools which offer discounted tuition for various reasons. Some are suffering declines in enrollment. Some may just be starting their operation and are trying to break into the market. In opting for these schools, you could save a lot of cash. However, you should consider that you might be sacrificing quality for cost.
You could also consider going to schools which are more prestigious. These schools may ask you to pay a lot of cash in order to study there. However, you should remember that high cost doesn’t necessarily equal high quality. You need to realize that in some schools you will not be paying form an education but you will be paying for the name.
Choosing a California fashion school might seem like a hard task. However, by considering these tips and truly knowing what you want, you can make it a very easy experience for you.
The word “best” is always relative. What’s best for you may not be the best for others. This is the reason why you should not trust a business that claims to be the best. You need to compare various fashion schools in order to actually find the best one for you. In comparing fashion schools, however, you are going to need some standards. Here are some standards you can use:
1) Cost – some people think that the best fashion schools are the most expensive ones. These people think that just because education is expensive, it is also high quality. What you need to know is that studying fashion is not cheap. However, it doesn’t really need to be ridiculously expensive. Some schools just want to appear exclusive in order to attract more students. They pretend to be the best fashion schools by charging outrageous fees to those who wish to be students.
Because of this, you should understand that cost is not the best standard to use in judging quality.
2) Location – there are people who think that attending the best fashion school means going to Europe. They believe that in order for a fashion school to be among the best, it should be located as far away from their hometown as possible. There are some positives to this view. Schools located in fashion centers tend to be more aggressive in their education. They also tend to be more updated on the world of fashion. If this is the sort of school you think is best for you then go attend it.
You need to remember, however, that some things require a lot of sacrifice.
3) Prestige – some people think that the best fashion schools are the ones that get featured in magazines and the television. They believe that attending such schools would rub a little of the prestige of onto them. People believe that the best fashion schools are the most well-known ones. However, you need to remember that sometimes, the best fashion schools like to keep quiet about their greatness. All the magazines in the world could not compare to the testimonials of other people. It is often the case that the best fashion schools do not get known through the papers, but through the words of their students.
4) Instructors – some think that the best fashion schools are the ones which hire famous personalities as instructors. In fact, they may have a point. People in the fashion industry do not get famous if nobody likes their work. However, there is one drawback to this: people in the fashion industry are almost always competing against each other. This competition can be very distracting and may hinder the learning process.
5) The alumni – there are also people who think that the best fashion schools are the ones attended by successful personalities. They believe that the past will be the guide of people to face the future. Because of this, people often seek out the schools of well known fashion personalities and set out to fulfill their dreams.
Before you use this standard to judge the best fashion school, you need to remember that schooling is only a small part of a person’s greatness. It is an important part, of that you can be sure. However, you need to remember that greatness always lies within yourself.
Do you know how to sew?
Do you enjoy creating designs?
Do you love following or changing patterns to come up with a piece of clothing?
If fashion is simply just your passion, then you might just be right for a fashion design school.
Here are some reasons why you should attend a fashion design school:
• You will learn about the most up-to-date styles that many people would consider buying.
• If you are unsure whether you will be able to make a living out of your interest in fashion,
your level of confidence will greatly increase once you obtained a degree.
• Studying about and later working on, a field that you love is very rewarding.
• You will learn about the various principles behind the patterns you have worked on in the
past, as well as the ones you will be working on in the future.
• You will also be knowledgeable on mixing and matching colors to magnify the shape and cut
of your creations.
• You will know more about keeping your clothes together – other than just stitching! Talk
about endless possibilities.
• Fashion design school will expose you to different kinds of people – working with them,
incorporating their ideas with your own, and developing relationships with those who share
the same feeling toward fashion.
• These relationships will set the foundation for meeting potential employees, employers, or
business partners – all whom you will need when you start your foray into the fashion world.
There are numerous fashion design schools globally. Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design, found in London, is considered by some as the most famous of them all. Other world-renowned schools are The Royal College of Arts in London, the London College of Fashion, Royal Academy of Fine Arts in Antwerp, AIU in Los Angeles, and Parsons The New School for Design in New York City.
Most courses in the schools mentioned above last for about three years.
The next question, however, will be, how do you choose the best school for you?
Here are 10 helpful tips to help you in your decision making:
Tip#1 – Determine what you would like to major in. From there, search for a school that offers
the program that you like.
Tip#2 – Have a list of criteria that you would like to take a look into in your search for the perfect
fashion design school. These criteria may include program offering, major and minor
subjects, costs, location, placement record, and many more.
Tip#3 – You may now construct a list of candidate fashion design schools.
Tip#4 – Gather all necessary resources and information about each of your candidate
school. Find their websites and research.
Tip#5 – Narrow down your list further by using the criteria you have set in Tip#2.
Tip#6 – Inspect the schools left on your list. It would be good if you can visit these schools
personally. But if not, try to obtain a video or look for a virtual tour in their websites.
Tip#7 – File your application to the schools that met your criteria.
Tip#8 – While waiting to hear from the schools you sent your application to, search for
scholarship grants in the Internet.
Tip#9 – Make your final decision based on the responses you got from the schools that you
applied to, as well as the scholarship grantors’ response. Carefully review your notes,
consider funding, and finally, decide.
Tip#10 – Get ready to embark on a journey that you have never quite experienced before!
Off you go to the one of the best fashion design schools in the world!
We use various ways to express ourselves. We either use words or we use other symbols. We make use of signals, we make use of gestures and we also make use of fashion to tell the world what we want to say. When we put on our clothes for the day, it is like we are declaring to the world our attitude for the day. This is the reason why it is so interesting to observe the back-to-school fashion preferences of people. The back to school fashion preference of a person shows who he will be for the whole term in a nutshell.
There are those people who wear practically the same thing they did in the last term. The bad thing about this is that this could be an indication of little to no personal growth in the past term. This could be an indication that the person did not mature in the past year. What could make this worse is if that person had been wearing the same fashion for more than 5 years. That could be an indicator of a serious problem.
The positive interpretation of this could be that the person has matured enough to have found his or her identity in life. This type of back-to-school fashion could indicate that a person is already perfectly happy with the image that he or she presents and that they feel no urge to change. It could also be an indication that the person has had a great past year and wishes to recapture that year.
There are people who exhibit great changes in their back to school fashion. There is also a good side and a bad side to this. The good interpretation of this is that the person has experienced an epiphany. A change in back-to-school fashion could be an indicator that a person has reached a new level of maturity and is ready to face the world with a new attitude. He or she could be declaring to the world that he or she is a new person, changed for the better and willing to tackle the world head on.
There is also a dark side to this change in back-to-school fashion. A person could have suffered from an event so cataclysmic that it required the person to reject his or her old personality entirely. A drastic change in back-to-school fashion could be akin to a person screaming, “I am not who I used to be. It will not happen to me anymore!” not all changes are good and not all changes are bad. That fact must be understood.
There are students whose back to school fashion is based on what a certain group is wearing. The positive side to this is that it indicates social acceptance. A person who has this type of back to school fashion shows that he or she is sociable and knows how to make friends with at least a certain group of people. However, this could also be an indication of a lack of initiative. People who dress the way others do may do so because they don’t really have any idea of what to wear. They let their groups decide their fashion because without the group, they really have no idea who they are.
Now you know that back to school fashion is a great indication of who a person is.
It only takes a split second whether someone comes out as a victor or a loser in combat. The person can try to remember it later on to see what errors were made in order to become a better fighter in the future.
Such things also happen in competition which is why it is best for the student to be familiar with the various aikido moves at all times.
For instance, in Ai hanmi Iriminage a person grabs the attacker by the neck and forces the opponent to the ground.
In Ai hanmi Kokyuho, this is similar to the first with the difference of extending the arm a little farther in order to achieve maximum effect.
Should the attacker have a knife, a good aikido move to use is called Katate Ryotemochi in which the individual uses both hands to block the weapon used by the attacker and disarming it before putting the person on the ground.
If the individual is able to get behind the attacker, perhaps doing Ushiro Ryokatatori will be a good idea. This will allow the student to grab both shoulders of the person. Should the individual be tough, perhaps applying Ushiro Kubishime, which will temporarily cut the air supply until the assailant is unconscious, is the best thing to do.
Not all the aikido moves being taught are just to block and the make the person fall to the ground. There are also striking moves such as Kata Menuchi in which the hand makes a slice to the middle of the forehead. Those who don’t want to inflict a concussion can try Mune Tsuki, which is a strike to the chest.
A good move for the leg is the Aiki Otoshi better known in English as a leg sweep. This will surely keep the person down especially when that attacker thinks that all the student can do is use the arms when defending.
Once the attacker has been subdued, it will be safer to keep the attacker locked in a Sankyo hold. This technique is used by police, which is very useful when the police are on the way to the location.
There are more than 10 different moves in Aikido. The person should be able to distinguish one from the other especially when the terms are all in Japanese. It will be the choice of the individual which one to use when one is engaged in combat.
The first step in learning this martial art will be to enroll in a dojo. The person can look at the directory to find the nearest one to the home and then choose to sign up if the rates are affordable.
The student will then be taught the rules, how to wear the uniform and then the proper moves in each stroke. The individual should not expect to get it right on the first day but eventually do better in the coming days.
The person should remember that Aikido unlike other martial arts can only be used for defensive purposes. Usually when the suspect has failed in the attack, this person will run so the individual should not give chase but rather get help.
It is only with practice sparring with a partner or even doing the same thing in competition that both the mind and the body can be conditioned to engage an attacker in combat.