Many people think that sushi is dangerous because it is raw fish. Well not all sushi is raw fish; you can have sushi with no fish in it at all. You can have sushi that consists of rice, shrimp and vegetables if you like. The fish in sushi can be completely raw, partially cooked or fully cooked.
Everyone has different opinions on weather they think sushi is dangerous or not. Why would restaurants sell sushi if they knew it was dangerous? They wouldn’t. Also, sushi has been around for a very long time, since the 2nd century to be exact, if it was dangerous to people’s health it wouldn’t still be around. The only time sushi can be dangerous is if you are allergic to it.
If you are still unsure about it, go to a restaurant that has a good reputation for their sushi or make it yourself. Most restaurants handle their fish well so you should not have to worry about getting sick from eating it. In restaurants the fish they use to make sushi is frozen which would kill any parasites that might be there. There is also a lot of ways in which you will be able to tell if the fish is off or old. If the fish is fresh the eyes will be clear, it will not have a bad “fishy” smell, the gills of the fish should be bright red and have no slime and the scales should not come off easily.
If you are still really skeptical about the sushi, go to a sushi bar where you will be able to see them making the meal and see what state the fish is in. sushi can be dangerous if you eat too much of it, but that would be your own fault and not because of the way the sushi was made.
Sushi might be harmful to pregnant women, as it can contain bacteria that could harm your baby. Adults will not be affected by it but infants and an unborn child might just. It is a risk that should not be taken. The sushi might NOT contain any bacteria, but rather be on the safe side by avoiding it all together when you are expecting a child.
So if you are not pregnant or not allergic to sushi then there should be no reason for you to worry. You can eat sushi but do not eat too much of it because like many other foods will do when eaten a lot of, you are very likely to get sick.
No comments yet.